Accessibility Tools


Perry County TN Courthouse
121 East Main St.
P.O. Box 16
Linden, TN 37096
(931) 589 2216


Courts of Perry County Tennessee Perry County Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureausheriff icon 90x90Lobelville, TN Linden, Tennessee Perry County Library System


Register of Deeds

Terry Hill
Perry County Register's Office

Perry County Register

Register of Perry County, Tennessee

Terry Hill
121 E. Main St.
P.O. Box 62
Linden, TN 37096

Assistant Register of Perry County, Tennessee

Casey Long
121 E. Main St.
P.O. Box 62
Linden, TN 37096


Contact Information


Office - (931) 589-2210
FAX - (931) 589-2215


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00

Closed for all Federal holidays.


Costs vary.  Please contact our office for rates.


This is an elected position every four years.  Patricia Bell is the current Register for Perry County.  The primary function of the Register is to make and preserve an accurate record of instruments required or allowed by law to be filed or recorded, including but not limited to deeds, powers of attorney, deeds of trust, mortgages, liens, contracts, plats, leases, judgments, wills, court orders, military discharges, records under the Uniform Commercial Code (primarily fixture filings) and other types of documents. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and convenient access to these records utilizing the latest technology in an effective, cost efficient and customer friendly manner.

The records provide public notice of property ownership, liens, contracts and other transactions that affect the public interest. Most of the instruments recorded or filed in the register’s office relate to determining interests or rights in either real or personal property.  Some instruments received also deal with a person’s legal status with regard to other persons or legal entities. The Register’s office is in the Perry County courthouse in Linden, which is the county seat, and by Tennessee law, the records and papers must remain in the office at all times, and are available to the public.

The responsibility that the State legislature has given the Register of Deeds is very important. Nearly every citizen will invest in real property at some point in their lives. Most of the time, it will be the largest investment these citizens ever make. Therefore, the integrity of these records is extremely important. Because of the importance of the accuracy in recording, preserving and maintaining these records, the Register of Deeds is an elected position and each term is four years.


Frequently Asked Questions

Can you inform me of any liens or mortgages on a specific property?

No, this requires a title search to be performed by an attorney or title company. Therefore, we have no legal authority to provide you with this information.

Who owns a specific property?

Our records are indexed by a grantor/grantee system in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee. We can find a deed by name only in our office. If you have only an address, you may call the Assessor of Property who will provide you with the the owners name and any references needed for our office to accurately find the deed for the property.

Can the Register's office provide maps to a property?

If your property is in a subdivision we will be able to provide a copy of the recorded plat. For any property not located in a subdivision the Property Assessor can provide tax and aerial maps of acreage property. These maps are not official surveys, only drawn by the description cited on the deeds.


Are wills recorded in the Register of Deeds office?

Non-probated wills are kept in a safe place until death, because they can be changed at any time. Once a will has been probated it can be recorded in the Register's office.

Can the Register's office prepare or help prepare a deed?

We are unable to prepare or help prepare any document. We are also not able to provide any forms to be completed for recording. If you have any questions as to how a document is prepared you would need to contact an attorney's office or a title company.

I have paid off my mortgage and need my deed. What do I do?

You would have received your original deed when you purchased your property whether you had a mortgage or not. What you will receive when you pay off your mortgage is a release from your financial institution. We can however provide you a copy or a certified copy of your deed and also a copy of the release once it is recorded in our office.

What method of payment does the Recorder's Office accept?

We accept cash, check or money order. We do not accept credit cards at this time.  You may call ahead to predetermine the cost of your request.


121 East Main Street, Linden, TN 37096

Call Us now

(931) 589 2216