Accessibility Tools


Perry County TN Courthouse
121 East Main St.
P.O. Box 16
Linden, TN 37096
(931) 589 2216


Courts of Perry County Tennessee Perry County Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureausheriff icon 90x90Lobelville, TN Linden, Tennessee Perry County Library System


Perry County Veterans Service Office

Perry County Veterans Services Office

931-589-2786 office

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs


More information about making an appointment with VSO Riley:

Perry County Veterans Service Officer Dan Riley became the VSO for Perry County as of August 22, 2022, with his office at the same location as Officer Belew, our previous VSO, at the Community Center in Linden, 113 Factory St. His mission is to assist all veterans of Perry County, their spouses, widows, and children with filing claims for VA benefits.

Officer Riley's office hours are Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, at the Azbill Community Center, first door on the right as you enter the first set of doors to the building.

Appointments may be scheduled on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., beginning the first week of October. Walk-ins are always welcome if no appointment is scheduled.

To better serve veterans and families, please contact and make an appointment:  931-589-2786 office and 931-589-2007 fax, or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  


Who is my VSO in Perry County?

Dan Riley, Veterans Services Officer
113 Factory St.
P.O.Box 16
Linden, TN 37096

Phone Contact

Office:  (931) 589-2786
FAX:  (931) 589-2007

Hours and Email contact

Hours:  Mon-Thursday 10-3:30

Email:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Important Links for Vets, Surviving Spouses, Family and Caregivers

Benefits for spouses, dependents, and survivors

  • Health care right arrow 11x12 Find out if you may qualify for health care through our CHAMPVA program, the Department of Defense's TRICARE program, or one of our programs related to a Veteran's service-connected disability. If you already have health care through VA, learn how to manage your health and benefits.
    For spouse, dependent child, surviving spouse, surviving child
  • Education and training right arrow 11x12 Find out if you may be eligible for help paying for school or job training through our Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance Program (also called Chapter 35) or the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship. And learn about how a Veteran may transfer their unused Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you.
    For spouse, dependent child, surviving spouse, surviving child
  • Employment right arrow 11x12 Find out how to get free educational and career counseling if you're a dependent family member who is eligible for VA education benefits.
    For spouse, dependent child
  • Home loan programs or financial counseling right arrow 11x12 Apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for VA home loan programs to buy, build, repair, or refinance a home. Or, if you're having trouble making mortgage payments on a VA-backed loan, get help to avoid foreclosure and keep your house.
    For surviving spouse
  • Life insurance options, claims, and beneficiary assistance right arrow 11x12 Learn how to apply for Family Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (FSGLI) coverage, explore other coverage options, and manage an existing policy. If you're the beneficiary of a Veteran's or service member's policy, find out how to get free financial advice and will preparation services.
    For spouse, dependent child, surviving spouse, surviving child
  • Pre-need eligibility determination for burial in a VA national cemetery right arrow 11x12 Apply in advance for eligiblity to be buried in a VA national cemetery. This can help you plan ahead to make the burial process easier for your family in their time of need.
    For spouse, dependent child, surviving spouse, surviving child
  • Burial benefits and memorial items right arrow 11x12 Get step-by-step guidance on how to plan a burial in a VA national cemetery, or in a state or tribal government Veterans cemetery. You can also apply for help paying for burial costs, request memorial items, and learn about bereavement (grief) counseling and transition support.
    For surviving spouse, surviving child, surviving parent
  • Survivors Pension right arrow 11x12 If you're the surviving spouse or child of a Veteran with wartime service, find out if you're eligible for monthly pension benefits.
    For surviving spouse, surviving child
  • Compensation for surviving spouse and dependents (DIC) right arrow 11x12 If you’re the surviving spouse, child, or parent of a service member who died in the line of duty, or the survivor of a Veteran who died from a service-related injury or illness, find out how to apply for this tax-free monetary benefit.
    For surviving spouse, surviving child, surviving parent


What does an accredited representative or a VSO do?

Accredited representatives and VSOs can help you understand and apply for VA benefits, like:

  • Financial support (monthly payments)
  • Education
  • Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
  • Home loans
  • Life insurance
  • Pension
  • Health care
  • Burial benefits

These trained professionals can also:

  • Help you gather supporting documents (like a doctor’s report or medical test results)
  • File a claim or appeal on your behalf
  • Provide added support, like helping with transportation to medical appointments or emergency funds

Note: Veterans Service Officers work for Veterans Service Organizations (both are called VSOs), as well as for local government offices.

What does it cost to use an accredited representative or a VSO?

In general, no individual or organization may charge you a fee to help you file your initial application for benefits. But they may charge you for unusual expenses. It’s only after we’ve made a decision about your original claim that VA-accredited claims agents and attorneys may charge for their services. Make sure you ask up front what, if any, fees you’ll be charged. If you believe a claims agent or attorney charged a fee that’s too high, you can challenge it.
Find out more in the “How to Challenge a Fee” guide

How do I find an accredited representative or a VSO?

You can find an accredited representative or a VSO in 1 of 2 ways:

  • Go to eBenefits to find a local representative (including a recognized VSO, an attorney, or a claims agent) by state/territory, zip code, or the organization’s name.
    Go to eBenefits
  • Or search the VA Office of the General Counsel’s list to find VA-recognized organizations and VA-accredited individuals by name, city, state, or zip code.
    Search the VA Office of the General Counsel’s list

How do I set up an accredited representative or a VSO to work on my behalf?

You’ll need to either use eBenefits or fill out a form and mail it in.

Choose one of these ways to get set up:

  • Use eBenefits to let us know you’ll be working with a representative or to change your current representation.
    Go to eBenefits
  • To have a VSO help you, fill out an Appointment of Veterans Service Organization as Claimant’s Representative (VA Form 21-22).
    Download VA Form 21-22 (PDF)
  • To have a claims agent or attorney help you, fill out an Appointment of Individual as Claimant’s Representative (VA Form 21-22a).
    Download VA Form 21-22a (PDF)

If you’re filling out one of the forms, you’ll need to mail it to your nearest VA regional office. Please speak to the service organization or representative before you send your request.
Find a VA regional office near you

Veterans Meetings

Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1123 meets the second Thursday, 5L00 p.m.; contact Dale Long, VVA President, 931-593-2745. These groups meet the third Tuesday: VFW Post 4973, 4:00 p.m., contact Dan Walcott, 931-306-3427; and Perry County Veterans Association, 5:00 p.m., contact Mike Caldwell, PCVA Chairman, 931-589-2032. On the third Thursday, Disabled American Veterans Chapter 56 and American Legion Post 0176 meets at 4:00 p.m., contact Rosanna Weems, 985-855-7285. All meetings are held at the Perry County Veterans Building, Linden.


More information about filing disability claims

121 East Main Street, Linden, TN 37096

Call Us now

(931) 589 2216